• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yellow Belt on Karate Forums!

still kicking

Are we allowed to crow about our new belts from posting on karate forum? Because I now have 25 postings and have earned a yellow belt -- woo hoo! This is such a great resource, and I come here to learn and feel a sense of connection with other martial artists, but now I'm getting caught up in belt chasing on the boards! Well only to a minor degree, I try to keep my comments relevant and hopefully useful or interesting, but I will admit I'm just doing this one beause it's #25, and I wanted to see if my yellow belt will show up. It's a good system. I suppose most of us are over achievers and "belt chasers" to a certain degree, but hopefully keep it in perspective and don't make it the whole point. The point is to improve your martial art and then you'll get your belt, and the point is to improve this board by contributing something useful or interesting, and then you'll get a belt on here, too. It's the same, see? Very very clever.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You've described it well. :) At the end of the day, it has some meaning, but it's for fun. :) Congrats.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I would never make a post just to see my belto on KF change colors... *grins* I did it so that I could senda PM... much more dignified :P

I'm kidding 100%, but I really did make a baseless post to hit 25 haha lol

I like the belt system we have here. On another forum I used to frequent they made a game out of it awarding hit poitns and abilities when you posted x number of posts it was goofy but a lot of fun haha

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

~Socrates

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

~Alexander the Great

• 1 month later...

The belt system is nice how it marks certain post milestones. I've seen similar ranking systems on several other forums, too.

Rational functions are a pain in the asymptote.

• 2 months later...