• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not exactly new

Well... yep, I'm a goofball... I just noticed the introductions part of the forum, silly me.

So to introduce myself, I'm Scott. I am a student at Ozark Christian College in Joplin Mo. The school that I am a part of is LIFE 180 Martial Arts. It is a MA outreach program aimed at bringing all sorts of people to Christ through martial arts. True it is sort of a paradox in its own right.

I am a member of the Leadership team who is also a student. I've not taken formal martial arts lessons since I was a child. I took Judo while I was living in Yaxley England ('87-90). However I also spent five years in the United States Marine Corps. Obviously that is where the majority of my hand to hand training came from.

Tim, the head instructor at LIFE 180, and I got togther when he was looking for some help not only teaching the MA at his school but also the Biblical aspect of the school. It is a great arangement, he gets the formal training and Bible knowledge of myself and another OCC student, Sara, and Sara and I get taught MA.

My goal is to be competent enough with MA to take LIFE 180 back to Albuquerque (where I'm from) and set up a school there in conjuction with my home church.

Well thats a blurb about me and what I do, see you on the forum.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.

~Socrates

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.

~Alexander the Great

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF, Scott. It sounds like you've got a pretty special program going there in Joplin. Coincidentally, I have a brother named Scott, who lives in MO, too. St. Clair, to be exact.

Glad to have you here. :karate:

Hope I don't get into trouble for this, but this is just a shameless post to get to 25 so I can PM someone.

~Socrates

~Alexander the Great

It's OK, though you could have just thanked people for welcoming you. :lol: Hehe. No worries. :) Welcome again.

Patrick

It's OK, though you could have just thanked people for welcoming you. :lol: Hehe. No worries. :) Welcome again.

Patrick

I couldn't do that, that makes way to much sense! haha Seriously though, thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Sorry, I get excited about things somtimes and that results in a one track mind.

~Socrates

~Alexander the Great