• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defend/block/counter the front leg side kick...

I saw Joe post an article where Joe Lewis blocked a lead leg side kick with a "pendulum" block, and then turned back into a cross to the body. It looked like it had some interesting applications, especially with spin kicking, since the body is already half-way turned.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The way Joe Lewis does the pendulum might work for some, although it truly works for Joe Lewis, it might not work for others. Nothing ventured is nothing gained; it bears worth trying. Worse thing that will happen is that it won't work, at first, for you.

Archives! Aren't they wonderful?!?!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 4 months later...

we bring our knee up and elbow down, trapping and if done right damaging the leg. after that you dont have to worry about that leg anymore. and depending if the tournament allows groin shots as some do just add a front kick and i bet the guy will not throw the same kick twice. and to make this really work you will have to take the impact of the kick so if you dont have the conditioning i probably wouldnt do it against some that will throw a really hard kick

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

well the block i always use is a down block or a parry that normall works for all kicks. and then if i use a parry i move to the side and either punch to the kidneys or roundhouse kick to the stomach or straight to the ribs i did that to this one guy and not only did he stumble back but it also knocked the breath outa him

Never Give Up