• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New guy checking in...

Warren

What does TAK stand for?

WNM

Ps welcome to the forum.

Traditional Amrican Karate - Developed by Floyd Burke and others stating back in 1982 I believe.

We're actually lucky enough to study under Sensei Burke. :)

-- Warren

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he is referring to Trad Am Karate?

In other words Traditional American Karate

I trained their a bit

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Is that the same Floyd Burke that contributes to Black Belt Magazine?

Yes it is.

We're really enjoying studying under him!

That's pretty cool. From reading his articles, he seems like a very knowlegeable individual.

Thanks all again for the welcome!

I wanted to share something with all of you...

My son and I have been training at the Dojo 2-3 days per week pretty hard. It's great to see his improvement and motivation by having me around. His Katas have gotten much more accurate with lot's of positve energy, and he takes his training much more serious, which was my key goal.

However, last night I was honored with a wonderful suprise...

Master Burke had told me when I started that he appreciated and respected my previous training. I thought that was great, I was just happy to be training again and was looking forward to stepping once again through the ranks.

Last night, after our workout, Master Burke made some very nice comments about my progress in the last 4 weeks; through several Katas and other TAK standards. He then mentioned that he could really tell that I had extensive training, and that my Taekwondo Master had done a really good job (I really need to look Master Chu Tran up and thank him once again if he's still around).

He then blew me away by saying that next week he would like for me to begin wearing my Black Belt, with one white stripe... Wow... I was speechless...

I think that was a moment that eclipsed earning my Taekwondo Black Belt in 1984... Having someone as renound and respected as Master Burke grant me such a privilege...

Anyhow, words really can't describe it... Of course now I have earned much higher expectations, and have a lot of work to do in order to meet them - But I eagarly look forward to it and will not dissapoint him.

Most of all, the look in my son's eyes when he saw his dad's hard work pay off is priceless... And that is what is most important to me.

Thanks for tolerating my babbling... :)

-- Warren