• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New guy checking in...

Warren

Hello All,

I'm on quite the journey...

I received my Black Belt in Taekwondo back in May 1984, went into the military and stopped training until early 2006.

After 6 months our local Dojo closed down and our instructor moved out of the country. I spent 6 months looking at other Dojos but was disappointed in what I found: Master Barbara is a tough act to follow...

So, wanting to keep my son training, we put him back in Karate (TAK) where he had previously earned a Purple Belt (he had switched to Taekwondo to be like his dad :D ).

The little fella was doing well, but not super motivated, so last week I joined, and am now a proud Karate White Belt! :)

Now he's really having a great time with dad!

The body has gotten old and stiff, and endured tow major back surgeries, but we're having a great time and I am looking forward to learning a new discipline.

That's it!

Take care all...

-- Warren

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Warren!

That is quite a journey my friend...but what a wonderful rewarding journey it has been and will still be for the two of you.

AWESOME! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

So, wanting to keep my son training, we put him back in Karate (TAK) where he had previously earned a Purple Belt (he had switched to Taekwondo to be like his dad :D ).

What does TAK stand for?

WNM

Ps welcome to the forum.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk