• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Katas do you know?

Espina

Hmmm I dont know Ten No kata.

But taikyokyu shodan only has low block and punch so I was thinking that this would be good to learn right after taikyokyu shodan?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"tul" as well. I don't see the word poomse used with the ITF forms.

Yeah in ITF we only ever use "pattern" or "tul". Rarely anything else. Not even "form".

I wonder if this is perhaps a regional thing. I don't hear the word pattern used a lot, other than some reading. But I have always heard the term form.

Yeah in ITF we only ever use "pattern" or "tul". Rarely anything else. Not even "form".

I wonder if this is perhaps a regional thing. I don't hear the word pattern used a lot, other than some reading. But I have always heard the term form.

In the ITF itself? I've always heard the term "pattern". That's the term used by all 3 (ITF) orgs and in the official encyclopedia. All the events I've been to use "pattern" as well (they even use the term at all international tournaments too). I know people who do the Chang Hon forms themselves might not use the term but I'm pretty sure within ITF itself its always "pattern".

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

This Kata seems to be shorter than any of the Taikyoku's. I even dare to say that the Futatsu is even more basic than of the Taikyoku series. I'd use it after Ten No Kata and before any of the Taikyoku's. Even though Ten No Kata and Taikyoku are very similar, except for the embusen.

Thanks for sharing the video!

:)

Your welcome! :D

It is a very basic kata and I counted 13 moves when I practice it.

In the ITF itself? I've always heard the term "pattern". That's the term used by all 3 (ITF) orgs and in the official encyclopedia. All the events I've been to use "pattern" as well (they even use the term at all international tournaments too). I know people who do the Chang Hon forms themselves might not use the term but I'm pretty sure within ITF itself its always "pattern".

It could be that because I am not in the ITF that we don't use the term pattern. We use hyung in class. I think it was Anslow's book that I saw the use of the word "tul" a lot.

By regional, I thought that maybe in the UK the term pattern was used more, and in the US the term form was used more. I could be wrong, though.

Wansu

Anaku

Naihanchi Sho & Ni

Empi Sho

Sanchin

Bassai Dai

Tsue Sho

Go Pei Sho

Dan Enn Sho

Nan Dan Sho

Kanku Sho

Others I've learned but haven't done much or have simply forgotten for various reasons...

Shudo-so (would like to continue learning but it's been awhile since I've performed)

Bassai Sho (intended to keep performing but have forgotten a lot of it)

Unsu (only the foggiest memories)

Kyan No Sai (learning...want to get better, but other forms are priorities)

Shushi No Kon Sho (got about halfway through a few weeks ago and haven't finished)

Does anyone know where I can find a good learning video of the Unsu kata...I would like to try and learn the movements on my own to perform at my teachers birthday...Anything not dont by Kanazawa San is perfect...his movies are just to fuzzy.

Domo.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

It could be that because I am not in the ITF that we don't use the term pattern. We use hyung in class. I think it was Anslow's book that I saw the use of the word "tul" a lot.

By regional, I thought that maybe in the UK the term pattern was used more, and in the US the term form was used more. I could be wrong, though.

I don't really know to be honest. In the UK the term is used by ITF groups, and ITF breakaway groups (TAGB and GTI etc.) but I can't really say overall, WTF groups and other TKD groups probably don't use. Maybe it is used a bit more than in the US but I really don't know.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I guess no-body noticed that all these kata names were made up. Just a joke to see if anyone would catch it or not lol...

- Killer -

Katas:

MaiHun KukKou

WatseiMai Sho and Dai

TekkiEigo 1-3

Kitsuwiki Dai

EidoNou Sho

WatsuUpi Heans

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/