• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Katas do you know?

Espina

Oh haha thank you, I thought my korean heritage was failing me a bit.

so the ITF does not use it than, just the WTF and the ATA?

I've seen the ITF use the word "tul" as well. I don't see the word poomse used with the ITF forms.

Yeah in ITF we only ever use "pattern" or "tul". Rarely anything else. Not even "form".

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so many rules, haha.

I always wondered about the korean version of form or kata...and I still wonder about the chinese terms now

I have heard people refer to them as

Taolu, Wushu, and Lulai...

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

And beast...

do you know if their is a video somewhere where I can see Futatsu....I like the name and would like to see it... :)

This is not a real good view of it but it is the only I found when I typed on youtube. here it is it is a very short kata;

And beast...

do you know if their is a video somewhere where I can see Futatsu....I like the name and would like to see it... :)

This is not a real good view of it but it is the only I found when I typed on youtube. here it is it is a very short kata;

Domo,

It seems to be a pretty basic kata, when is it taught, I would like to incorporate it into My style some time, its basic enough but yet it has a few different movements than what my students would be use to doing.

Ah I See, I will probably incorporate it as a mid ranking kata for yellow to orange...

And beast...

That is a short form. It would be a good one for early on, to help students learn to move and transition in turns.

It is a very short form I am having a little trouble with GoshinJutsu back stances since in Shotokan are back balance stances (back stance) are L shape and theirs are not. The back foot is off to the side a little more. I agree with bushido_man it is a kata for the lower ranks. When we visited our sister school we were taught 2 forms in hour in a half. that is how simple it is and it repeats itself over and over. Pretty cool though.

This Kata seems to be shorter than any of the Taikyoku's. I even dare to say that the Futatsu is even more basic than of the Taikyoku series. I'd use it after Ten No Kata and before any of the Taikyoku's. Even though Ten No Kata and Taikyoku are very similar, except for the embusen.

Thanks for sharing the video!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!