tekki nidan

tekki sandan

gankaku

enpi

and the first three kendo kata.

ippon me

nihon me

sanbon me

My taekwondo kata are sort of taking a break as i am focused on my shotokan kata.

my taekwondo kata from palgwe set.

chon-ji

dan-gun

do-san

won-hyo

yul-gok

jung-geun

toi-gye

hwa-rang

chung-mu

gwang-gae

po-eun

gye-baek

koryo

You mention these as the Pal-Gwe set, but these are actually the Chang On forms created by General Choi, except for Koryo, which I think is a WTF black belt form. The Pal-Gwe set of forms was the first set used by the WTF, before the Tae Gueks came out. So, do you do both, the Pal-Gwe and the Chang On listed here?

I guess we do both. I was under the impression that we did palgwe especially since i checked wikipedia to sort of verify name spellings, though i did know that Koryo was WTF. Our sort of different then other schools anyway. I have been taking WTF over here in Japan and all there techniques are a bit different from my techniques, and even the way our kata are performed is different from what i see on the internet.

I guess we do both. I was under the impression that we did palgwe especially since i checked wikipedia to sort of verify name spellings, though i did know that Koryo was WTF. Our sort of different then other schools anyway. I have been taking WTF over here in Japan and all there techniques are a bit different from my techniques, and even the way our kata are performed is different from what i see on the internet.
I see. So you do the 8 Pal-Gwe forms along with the ones you mentioned above? Do you have to know 2 forms for each testing? I've worked out with a club like that before, too.

No, we have a 10 ranks. So we learn one form a rank and 3 forms for shodan. Though on top of these forms we have 5 additional form we call fighting forms 1-5 we learn through the colored ranks but they are sort of short and in are sort of a bunch of techniques the go in a straight line. i did not include these because i think they are either my teachers creation or his teachers.

No, we have a 10 ranks. So we learn one form a rank and 3 forms for shodan. Though on top of these forms we have 5 additional form we call fighting forms 1-5 we learn through the colored ranks but they are sort of short and in are sort of a bunch of techniques the go in a straight line. i did not include these because i think they are either my teachers creation or his teachers.
Ok. It sounds like your instructor calls the Chang On forms the Pal-Gwe set, then. You may want to check with him, because that is pretty far off base. The Pal-Gwes were made by the WTF, and the Chang Ons were the set made by for the ITF by Choi and Nam.

Can't check anyway as i am in japan but after further inspection online we are using the ITF Form list. As i have not done any research into wtf taekwondo and as i had a book that said wtf did taeguk set, i inaccurately assumed that we did the only other set i knew the name of which was palgwe, because our set wasn't taeguk. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

• 4 weeks later...

Shokokai

Matza Kazi

Tomoro no basai

Basai dy

Sein chin

Empi Waza

Rohai

Pinan Nidan

Pinan Yondan

Pinan Shodan

Anannku

I'm 15 and 3rd kyu though :D

"In order to achieve victory you must place yourself in your opponent's skin. If you don't understand yourself, you will lose one hundred percent of the time. If you understand yourself, you will win fifty percent of the time. If you understand yourself and your opponent you will win one hundred percent of the time.

- Tsutomu Oshima"