• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Not all Martial Artists are honorable..."

bushido_man96

By reading some of these posts, I think some of you need to train in Asia for a bit.

MAs training is as much a character building thing as it is a physical training thing.

I disagree, but I guess it varies on what a person wants to get out of MA training. for me, I took MA too learn how to fight. Wouldn't that be the main reason people would start MA?

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By reading some of these posts, I think some of you need to train in Asia for a bit.

MAs training is as much a character building thing as it is a physical training thing.

Anything can build character. MA training is not exclusive for that.

I agree with the above.

Things evolve, MA's included. Maybe in Asia they are looked at with an equal emphasis on both, I'm inclided to believe that they are based on the reading I've done and the discussions I've had.

However, by moving cultures the essance of such things will changed when view through a new lens. Neither is "wrong" or "right" in this case, it just is based on the lens of the person or culture looking at it.

Go back far enough, even in Asia, and you'll probably find MA's designed for nothing but combat. That's the source, for my part, that's where I like to keep it.