• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ashihara Karate

Espina

...I do have a stupid question though, when you guys trained in Ashihara... did you get shot put balls thrown at you by any chance? ...man that sounds violent. I mean "to" you... very quickly?

No, not at all hehehehehe

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehehehe, the weirdest thing I've ever been asked to do was to receive a hit with a wood board in the stomach... that really hurt.

ouch! Yeah, I've never been asked to do anything like that before. The shot put for me was definitely the weirdest... though a close second was the day my sensei asked me to walk across the floor and step up onto a chair like four times in a row while everyone watched me without any sort of explanation. HAHA! I was so confused.

"My work itself is my best signature."

-Kawai Kanjiro

• 1 month later...

Osu Espina,

could you send me more info where you train in San José?

I'm Dutch and live in Costa Rica (Nuevo Arenal) since October 2008. I trained Ashihara in Holland for quite a while and would love to do it here. Won't be able to do it on a weekly basis due to the distance, but would love to train with you guys from time to time...!!!

I've tried to send your sensei Fabian an e-mail, but I'm not sure if the adress is correct and I'm not allowed to send you a pm as I'm a newbee on this forum...

Hope to hear from you!

Osu,

Lars

We train in Barrio Amón (Downtown San José).

The dojo is located 50 meters north from the northwest corner of the INS building.

You can contact my sen sei at this address:

contacto@merinokaratecostarica.com

All you can call him. His phone is 83782119.

Oh, and our website is

http://www.merinokaratecostarica.com/index-en.html

Osu!

Edited by Espina

Osu Espina,

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll definetely contact Sesei Fabian and visit the dojo as soon as I can. For my info: How big is the group training Ashihara? Is there a difference in skill level on the days of training?

I'll keep in touch, but very glad that Ashihara is represented in Costa Rica!!!

Osu

:karate:

The groups is pretty big, we are like 20-25 active dojo members.

Ee have classes everyday, except sundays, and there isn't any differences for skill levels.

• 2 months later...