• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-07-08 13:28, Hiya wrote:

umm, i think those england accent thingies are neat. i try speaking with that accent, i just can't.. :sad:

LOL, our accents really aren't anything like what you hear on TV. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

We don't have accents, that'd be everyone else with one of those.

Yes, I find your government far too "police state" for my tastes, but hey, I don't live there. No skin off my nose.

Police state? I must've missed something. No offense but I've never seen anything to suggest any real oppression. Now in a police state the police would probably carry stun guns, machine guns, pepper spray, wear bullet proof armour, and so on. Most of ours don't even carry guns.

"The English are like their beer. Foam at the top, dregs at the bottom. Excellent in the middle."

Please tell me the Americans aren't like their beer!

The reason the stereotypes survive, and this isn't just the States and England but all countries, is that when touring people seem to almost try to live up to their stereotypes, doing things they'd never do back home out of some universal instinct. And yes, I'm as guilty of this as anyone else as I proved when I was almost ill after asking for tea and being given some herbal stuff.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

Accents: please, please please American directors just get English people to do English accents! I quite like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and occasionally watch "Frasier" - God but the accents are awful! (Spike's not TOO bad but the rest - phew!)

Even more impassioned plea - NO Americans to ever attempt Irish accents from now on please. Ever. Never. Never ever. It's excruciating! And don't even think about trying a Northern Irish accent - it isn't going to work!

Bits'

(Northern Irish living in England!) :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol so what I've been hearing was wrong all along. I use to have a best friend from england when I was young, I thought her accents were kinda cool, I tryed copying her, but she got mad at me! :???:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.