• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MLB 2009 Season

Patrick

The 2009 baseball season is nearing it's start, so I thought I'd create a thread to see who you root for and what you think of your team's chances this season.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I root for the Royals, but love to watch baseball in general. I also root for the Cubs. I have been keeping up a little bit on the World Baseball Classic, too.

I'm a huge Yankees fan. I'm really excited about your offseason additions and definitely optimistic. Hopefully, they'll pull it all together. :)

No way Patrick...I'm a huge Yankee fan myself! GO YANKEE'S! What I'd like to see this year is us go to the playoffs, win, go back to the World Series...and WIN! Secondly, I'd like to see us get Mariano Rivera to close more than he did in 2008; but to get Mariano to the mound more often the Yankee's have got to be leading in the 7th inning but the 8th inning is excellent for Mariano!

"Mo's" 2008 stats...(With your permission Patrick!)...

2008 Stats

W-L

6-5

Saves

ERA

1.40 (WOW)

K

GO YANKEE'S!!!!!!!!!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, he had a tremendous 2008. :) He's amazing.

39 saves is pretty good, yet, I wish that his win/loss stats had more wins to make the saves look even more impressive.

Anyway...Go Yankee's!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes wins, losses and saves for relievers don't tell the whole story. We won less games, so he had less saves, but as far as him as an individual, it was one of his finest seasons... some would say his finest. His .66 WHIP was insane.

Sometimes wins, losses and saves for relievers don't tell the whole story. We won less games, so he had less saves, but as far as him as an individual, it was one of his finest seasons... some would say his finest. His .66 WHIP was insane.

Yes...yes...yes...and even more yes'. I forgot about the WHIP, and you're right...it was insane!

Gggggggggoooooooooooooooo Yankee's!!!!!!!!!