JohnKeats

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but whats the underlying concept that they received breathing techniques such as Ibuki from Goju Ryu?. Goju and Uechi are about the same and the breathing is completely different, and Pangainoon Kung Fu their is no hoarse breathing.

I imagine that since it's hara breathing, by making it audible it causes you to concentrate more on proper breathing.

True, but whats the underlying concept that they received breathing techniques such as Ibuki from Goju Ryu?. Goju and Uechi are about the same and the breathing is completely different, and Pangainoon Kung Fu their is no hoarse breathing.

I imagine that since it's hara breathing, by making it audible it causes you to concentrate more on proper breathing.

So then it would be safe to say that the concept of hara breathing came after Pangainoon Kung fu was brought over to okinawa by Kanbun Bushi?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

There is a kata found in White Crane Kung Fu called Sam Chien which looks somewhat similar to Sanchin, so it could be even older.

Hmmm Three wars...I think so...Because sanchin is three conflicts, perhaps Pangainoon is a derivation of White Crane...Whoa....haha.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this thread is going down, while I guess a lot of people could add some information to the way the breathe and how do they feel. I'll go take a shower (I have been training at home for an hour or so) and then I'll post more or less how do I feel and how do I (try to) breathe.

Yea, I've been trying to post an article on this John, but I've been so darn busy I haven't had the time with the exceptions of a couple of quick posts here and there....

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

Now you answer I realize I forgot to add my ideas :) Later I'll try, I'm busy right now. Don't worry, as long as you have something interesting you want to say, sure you won't forget about it ;)

As of lately I'm trying to breathe (when I think of it) from my stomach, feeling my lungs (well, more probably my diaphragm) hitting on my abdominal muscles (I breath "down", my abdomen gets a little bigger, but gets tense). Breathing these way seems to help when I'm too tired and almost out of breath, after some tiring exercise.