• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're welcome.

The person that posted that clip has several others like it. They should be alot of help.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Like Pitbull, I'm adding more than just that single video to my favorites list. Now to recall user name/passwords like the old man I am! :lol: Much appriciated and something simple like the "Straight line theory" video will help them alot I think.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Shori here's another that may be good for the guys at the dojo too:

Flowing is always great for training. However, you need to make sure your students are doing good technique when doing it. Otherwise it just builds bad habits.

True ps1 but this is something they have to work toward.

That's absolutely right. In fact, it may be a good idea to send each of your students this video and tell them that this is what good jiujitsu looks like. Not two people grunting and squeezing trying to make anything work.

Never thought of that ps1 because they have all attmited to going to the submission 101 web site and trying to learn things.

I'm all up for anyone learning how ever it takes. But I believe you have to have a very good working knowledge before you can look at a video or book with a series of pictures and be able to learn a move. And then you still need to work the kinks out of it with someone with the ablility to tell you something is or isn';t working.

I just thought of something fun that may work. I a video clip with Eddie Bravo he's talking about guys T-Rexing. Which is when a guy freezes up and pulls his arms into his chest like the T-Rex. He slaps the guy in the head repeatedly to make them move. Mind you they are not hard slaps just lite and in rapid succession enough to anoy one enough to move.

I just thought of something fun that may work. I a video clip with Eddie Bravo he's talking about guys T-Rexing. Which is when a guy freezes up and pulls his arms into his chest like the T-Rex. He slaps the guy in the head repeatedly to make them move. Mind you they are not hard slaps just lite and in rapid succession enough to anoy one enough to move.

I love that video!!!!! Actually, most of Eddie's vids are very good! He gets a bad rap from people who can't do his moves.