• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings, fellow martial artists!

Hi, I'm new to the forum, obviously. I'm a student in American/Shaolin style karate, but I'm also learning inya and eskrima. And push-ups. I'm doing lots of pushups. I haven't met very many martial artists besides the ones who go to my dojo, so this is all a novel experience to me. When I began karate, I didn't think I'd make it far. But somehow, I stuck with it, and I'm happy with my weekly training sessions. I recently switched dojos, which was pretty hard for me-- I forgot some material during the interval, and some of what I was taught was wrong, I was also missing out on a lot of basics-- but I'm doing better now.

Besides karate, I like reading, writing, knitting and dancing. One of my favorite quotes (and t-shirts) says "Never anger someone who knows how to handle knitting needles." I want to pursue my dream of writing as a career, and to protect the people that I care about. Thank you for reading this!

--

second degree brown belt, American/Shaolin kenpo karate

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome! :D

What's Inya? I don't think I've heard of it before.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Welcome aboard, Inya shaolin. :) Thanks for introducing yourself. Glad to have you.

Thank you for welcoming me! ^_^

Inya is a type of stickwork with two bamboo sticks. I may or may not be spelling it wrong.

And no, the avatar is not a picture of me, but that is a move I've attempted before. It is a very nice picture, I think.

--

second degree brown belt, American/Shaolin kenpo karate

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.