• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Punching bags - filled with ?

Cobosan

Greetings,

I am wonderign with what you guys fill up your punching bgs and how much do they weigh. 4ft , 5ft , 6ft ? Sand and saw dust was used way back, what do people use nowadays. I had some bags filled with chunks of leather and a 4 ft bag made out of artificial leather wighed 40-45kg whils the 5 ft weighed up to 65 kilos. Is that to much ? Please share youre experiences.

Sincerely, Cobosan

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm no expert on this but I have a 5ft bag filled with bits of cloth. Not too sure how heavy it is. Problem I've found with the cloth is that it keeps settling at the bottom.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I don't have one but my understanind is there are a couple small bags of sand in the bottom for weight. and the rest is stuff with rags. You'll have to keep adding rags over time as the compact and settle lower in the bag.

Pitbull covered what I did. My 4ft bag weighs in at around 70-75 lbs. I think.

Your 5ft bag sounds a bit heavy, I would expect, rough kg/lbs math in my head here, around 45-50kg at that size. You might want to pull out some of the leather and restuff with some rags. But, if your comfortable with the weight and the seams of the bag aren't showing too much strain, you should be fine with a heavier bag.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

I like to use a BOB actually Haha... But I do have some iron palm homemade bags and chin na bags.

I started off filling a burlap sack with coffee beans, then moved it to gravel and eventually to steel shot, but I still cannot break more then two bricks at a time...must need to find something even harder to smack.

But coffee and dried lima beans work good to start off with.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

I don't actually know what to fill a heavy bag with, but i've heard that sand will harden at the bottom, beans rice may be a good bet though. I was wondering if anyone knows what i should fill a standing bag with?

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo