• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello fellow martial artists!

NewLevel

I'm another new guy around here but I'm loving the site and forum.

I've always had great love and respect for martial arts growing up but didn't take lessons...either because there were no instructors or I had other interests. I remember buying Black Belt magazine when I was about 10 years old every time I was in a store. I have a renewed passion now for MA and I still love it. MMA and XMA is great as well! UFC is always good...

I'm 23 years old now and I just started taking classes locally here in Kentucky. My first lesson was this week and I absolutely loved it! I dont think I've ever felt as confident and proud to be training in anything else besides MA.

I'm currently learning Shorin Ryu Karate Do, Kobudo, and Wing Chun. My master is 2nd Dan-Dave Frazier.

I'm already addicted and determined to reach my dreams and goals in MA. I'm an overweight guy 6'2" around 280 lbs. I think there's some sort of stereotype on starting MA late and overweight but I'm planning on breaking that stereotype!

I'm VERY new to everything in MA so I hope to gain understanding from the great people here in the forums.

Do you guys think I'm too old or overweight to start training/learning and compete in tournaments, etc? Thanks!

"In time of grave public crisis, one must have the courage to face a million and one opponents..." - Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome! :D

You're never too old or overweight or anything else to start MA. Better late than never.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Welcome aboard, NewLevel. :) Glad to have you. Thanks for sharing that info about yourself.

Patrick

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you and no, if you want to try certainly try. 23 is a prime age, go for it.