• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Personally I think the best martial arts actor today is Jet Li. Steven Seagal isnt bad either. Im going to piss a lot of people off but I dont think that Van Damn is that great. I also dont think that Bruce Lee was that great either. I dont like a lot of flash. That is why it surprizes me that I like Jet Li. Seagal has never had to much flying and all that crap in movies. Clean percise moves is what I like to see. Michael Jai White is also another great actor. :argue:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As far as being real looking no one is better than Chuck Norris. However I like Seagal a lot.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

i wouldn't say bruce lee was a great actor either, but i only brought all of lee's films for the fight scenes, Jet Li is alright but there is too much wire work.

Seagal has always been my fav, but wesley snipes are getting high in my ranks :grin:

what are we talking here ?

who is a martial artist and a great actor

or

which actor is the best at martial arts ?

i think bruce lee was a great martial artist but a novice actor

where as seagal is a good actor and a master of martial arts.

lol ive confused myself :smile:

Best actor who is also an accomplished martial artist? Michael Jai White. Many of his roles have nothing to do with MA, and he's always pretty good as an actor.

Best martial artist to watch in a movie fight? Bruce Lee. No question.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

It's interesting. I prefer something simple over flash as well, which is why I enjoy watching Seagal move if not his acting.

But that's exactly why I like Lee. Maybe I was raised with wirework and don't remember what it was like "pre-flash," but I think of Lee as a man who did all his own moves even if some of them were not realistic solutions to the fight at hand. I liked Crouching Tiger for a lot of reasons, but I hated watching the characters fly. I couldn't understand why that would be necessary to the story.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com

in old japanese and chinese films if someone knew martial arts they could fly and this became kind of a tradition although i thought it was really really stupid when they were standing on the trees did my head in the most

Van Damme is not a great actor but that isn't what his fans want to see. they come to see him rippling some muscles and beating the krap and unfortunately him getting beat up a lot. Seagul is an all right actor, I hate Chuck Norris hes such a nerd to me, Jackie is really funny, Bruce Lee is well Bruce Lee, Jet Li is okay but I dont really see him in a lot of films.

I say the best actor with martial arts skill would have to be Michael Jai White. He usually doesnt even do martial arts films. Also he would rather do drama than action films. So in the acting aspect I think he is the best. Although not a bad martial artist in his own rights either. (Has 6 black belts)(Tyson, Spawn, Universal Soilder 2)

Jackie Chan is funny and in dramatic roles does not do well. In the comedic roles he is awesome. (Shanhai Noon, Rush Hour).

Jet Li likes the acting side also. He however has all that talent and probably would never get a role in a drama because of him being known for his martial arts films. Li isn't in to many American made films. He did not know a word of English when he did Lethal Weapon 4 and now he knows the language pretty damn good for the little time he has been learning the most difficult language there is. That is dedication to his acting in America if you ask me. Watch Kiss of the Dragon and Romeo Must Die

Van Damn....he is okay. I like his movies but dont think they are the greatest. I liked kickboxer when I first saw it. Now it is a little to 80s. I still like bloodsport.

Bruce Lee....I don't really like any of his movies. I do respect him for who he was in the martial arts. He did put martial arts movies on the map. Dragon is okay. I liked probably 90% of his son Brandon Lees movies. (The Crow is awesome)

Chuck Norris is okay too. His acting skill sucked at first...but did get better. He is a well respected martial artist and does have a lot of knowledge. As for his movies I don't like to many of them. (Delta force 2 is okay)

Seagals acting I think is higher than most of the martial artists but not at the top. I like almost all his movies. The simple movements and the Aikido in them are awesome. It shows that flash doesnt always have to be it in the martial arts. A lot of his movies have a point to them to. Specially after he got back from Japan in 1999. (or 1998). The Patriot, On Deadly Ground, Fire Down Below all have plots about nature and how humans are destroying it. Those are all also movies that he has helped produce or direct. He ranks high in my opinion.

Their are also actors like Larezo Lamas, Adrian Paul....TV actors can be included in this...

:nod: