• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isshinryu Karate, 19 years in August, Yondan

WTF Taekwondo, 4 years, Chodan

My Isshinryu karate sensei is ranked in Aikido, so I studied it for approximately 7 years, but never gained formal rank.

I studied Judo under a yondan for about 2 years, but again, was never formally ranked.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 weeks later...

Taijustu two months train in a week or two for 9th kyu

The path leading to anger and conflict is wide and easy to travel the path leading to self control and discipline is narrow and difficult

• 3 months later...

Purple belt in BJJ, Kru in muay thai, shodan in goju ryu, nidan in shito ryu, and nidan in kyokushin. I hold a few other ranks in other styles but I primarily focus on BJJ, Muay Thai, and kyokushin these days. Working on my sandan/3rd dan in Kyokushin now.

The organization I'm under for kyokushin requires a 50 man kumite as one of the requirements for sandan so focusing quite a bit on that aspect of my training right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been duing Shukokai Karate for about eight months. I'm a blue belt at the moment, will be testing for purple next month.

I'm thinking of taking up BJJ once I get to brown, but that will be a fair while - in my style you fly through the early belts but the gradings get tougher and more technical once you hit purple, so I'll be staying there until I know I've got everything down for brown.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bujin Bugei Jutsu-3years 2nd degree brown belt(2nd Kyu)

Spent those same three years studying mma, bjj, boxing wrestling, aiki jiu-jitsu, kyusho-jutsu, escrima, kali, arnise, krav maga, goju-ryu and every other MA that Bujin has borrowed components from.