• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What style, What Rank or Grade.

Just Curious. What style of MA do you practice? How long have you been involved and whats your current rank/grade (color and kyu/rank)?

Goju ryu

8 mos

9th kyu orange belt

I was involved in boxing for a few years prior to goju.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bujin Bugei Jutsu (modern era combative art)- 19 years, 4th dan

Gokei Ryu- 15 years, 2nd dan

I competed under both amature shootfighting rules and open mma rules back in the day for about 3-4 years.

I did a year or so of fairly serious boxing training during undergrad as well as two years of MT and JKD training during grad school (meaning I got way more out of my ma training during that time than academic benifits :) ). I don't actively persue training solely in any of those now, other than what I've kind of integrated into my overall skill set.

The past few years I've been training hard in the ground game out of the linage that Jim Theobald comes out of. Beats me which flavor it is and I haven't sought any rank in it.

Taekwon-Do (ITF style), 8 years, 2nd dan

Also did Tai Chi Chuan for 2 years but haven't had the opportunity to keep that up. Hopefully I'll get back into it one day.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Soo Bahk Do, one year

Present rank is orange belt with blue stripe (7th gup); if results of test taken are good, will be green belt (6th gup)

Taking self-defense JuJitsu, five weeks

In past was tutored in (contact) fighting by Isshinryu friend, took Tae Kwon Do classes (single promotion to yellow belt so could spar non-contact), and Tai Chi Chuan until Sifu became ill.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Kempo: 12.5 years -- just earned my 3rd dan last summer

Tatsu-do karate: this is the system offered through the Karate Club at my school: a semester and a half -- yellow (9th kyu)

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

I am currently working on 4th Dan in Kwok Wu Chuen.

I also hold a 3rd Dan in TKD, a 2nd Dan in Shotokan, and a 1st Dan in Jujitsu. Cumulatively I have been studying for 32 years and have dabbled a bit in judo and TSD too.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Moo Du Kwan Tang So Doo - 1.5 years - Green Belt

Shori Ryu Karate - 1.5 years - Brown Belt

Chun Kuk Do - 7 years - 1st Degree

Tae Kwon Do - 1.5 years - High Red Belt

Kept moving and starting over, hence all the color belts. Listed in the order in which I trained.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein