• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC MMA Glove Review

tallgeese

Ok, so I've been using a pair of the UFC brand MMA gloves since about Thanksgiving now so I thought I'd let everyone know how they're doing.

Before I start, yes, I know that they look really tacky. And yes, the big "UFC" logo over the knuckes just screams "poser", but I was away at an out of town workout and had forgotten my normal pair. A quick trip to Dick's Sporting Goods give me this option for about 25 buck or a centry equivilant for around 45. Hence, my choice was made. Now, after using them a bit, I'm actually impressed. Granted, my expectations were low.

The padding is adaquate for the streamlined form that has become the normal cut of these gloves and protects the hand well enough.

There's a largeish opening in the palm comparted to other models I've used but this does afford really good grip capacity. Also, the fingers are articulated well and allow for easy bending.

The stitching, which looks a little suspect, has held up so far to pretty regular use.

The wrap around wrist velco has also held up well and fits about like you'd expect it to.

They also, in the black model, don't turn your hand the color of the glove which is often the case with other brands.

Now, if you're using this type of glove to cross train with in either sd simulations or weapons work, remember that these gloves are specifically designed for mma comp training. That means no extedned padding over the thumbs or down the fingers. As a result, knife trianing will beat the hand up good. For this, I'd look into other models (personally I use a modified pair of centrry gloves).

So, in closing, I give them passing marks. They are certainly functional for training purposes. There are beefier and better models out there. But for the 25 bucks I paid for them, that fact is inconsequential. The biggest downside is dealing with the "wanna be" factor that the over large logos connotate.

So bottom line, not the pinnicle of these things but very functional and probibly one of the best values for money that I've seen.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Ok, so I've been using a pair of the UFC brand MMA gloves since about Thanksgiving now so I thought I'd let everyone know how they're doing.

Before I start, yes, I know that they look really tacky. And yes, the big "UFC" logo over the knuckes just screams "poser", but I was away at an out of town workout and had forgotten my normal pair. A quick trip to Dick's Sporting Goods give me this option for about 25 buck or a centry equivilant for around 45. Hence, my choice was made. Now, after using them a bit, I'm actually impressed. Granted, my expectations were low.

The padding is adaquate for the streamlined form that has become the normal cut of these gloves and protects the hand well enough.

There's a largeish opening in the palm comparted to other models I've used but this does afford really good grip capacity. Also, the fingers are articulated well and allow for easy bending.

The stitching, which looks a little suspect, has held up so far to pretty regular use.

The wrap around wrist velco has also held up well and fits about like you'd expect it to.

They also, in the black model, don't turn your hand the color of the glove which is often the case with other brands.

Now, if you're using this type of glove to cross train with in either sd simulations or weapons work, remember that these gloves are specifically designed for mma comp training. That means no extedned padding over the thumbs or down the fingers. As a result, knife trianing will beat the hand up good. For this, I'd look into other models (personally I use a modified pair of centrry gloves).

So, in closing, I give them passing marks. They are certainly functional for training purposes. There are beefier and better models out there. But for the 25 bucks I paid for them, that fact is inconsequential. The biggest downside is dealing with the "wanna be" factor that the over large logos connotate.

So bottom line, not the pinnicle of these things but very functional and probibly one of the best values for money that I've seen.

Were these the training gloves or the comp. gloves. I have the training gloves that have padding around the wrist they seem very well made and the extra padding is nice. The only thing I don't like (as you said )is the huge ufc logo on the knuckles, but for the price a good glove. :karate:

Semper Fi , Dave

I also own a pair I use them for cross training (between grappling and sparring we do drills where we switch back in forth between the 2). The foam sparring gear gets in the way and gets expensive to replace. So I wear them in place of the sparring gear.