• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt Progression in your style.

quinteros1963

Haha I wore socks on the dojo floor once...and my teacher wiped it with me.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time I was in a training camp with Master Kanazawa and a student was showing him his soles...

And the master kicked his soles so hard...I'm sure he shrunk a couple of inches after that

Haha I love traditional teachers, they are the best when it comes to disciplinary actions, I would not like to be on the receiving end to much though.

This is where the colored belts are said to have been adopted from, from Jagaro Kano's art is where it is said to have come from, I how ever am not sure about that, it is a possibility.

This is relatively common knowledge, that Funakoshi adopted the belt system from Kano. The two were known to be friends, and did spend time training together, I believe.

I have had teachers tell me that you wear the color obi that your uniform is. Blue uniform blue belt, red uniform red belt.

I have never heard of this before. I'd think that it would get expensive after awhile, buying a new uniform after every promotion.

This is where the colored belts are said to have been adopted from, from Jagaro Kano's art is where it is said to have come from, I how ever am not sure about that, it is a possibility.

This is relatively common knowledge, that Funakoshi adopted the belt system from Kano. The two were known to be friends, and did spend time training together, I believe.

I have had teachers tell me that you wear the color obi that your uniform is. Blue uniform blue belt, red uniform red belt.

I have never heard of this before. I'd think that it would get expensive after awhile, buying a new uniform after every promotion.

If you are an instructor the wholesale rate for a gi is not expensive, the students can buy from you. Their is also dye thats works really well as well. As for me I own bout six different gi's Because I like to have three white sets to change back and forth to and a blue, red, and a black.

I do not know of an particular martial art that uses only red gi's I like to wear them when im doing full contact sanda because the blood wont show up as easy as on other colors.

Century stocks red gi's