• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt Progression in your style.

quinteros1963

Feel Free to call me Timm.

The belts are the same, in Judo..as far as I know that is.

But yes Judo is easy to mix into alot of styles.

I incorporate the front leg sweep alot of times when I spar.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel Free to call me Mario (Espina is because of my second last name, Espinoza) :)

Last year I was fighting in a tournament at my university and I was winning by 4 points... and the the front foot sweep was the technique I used to win the tournament :)

It's really effective if you get your opponent's timing.

Yes, it is I have one a few medals by doing the front ashi sweep as a finisher. And I have Judo to thank for it as well.

One time an Otomo Nage helped me prevent from being pointed hehehe.

My opponent threw all his body weight towards me and as I was falling I grabbed him by the gi and I got the chance to put my foot in his stomach.

The rest was easy :), and no points were granted to him.

Oh nice!

I got disqualified for using an Ura Nage in a style tournament...haha. But still it should have been used because I was sparring a black belt and I was only a purple belt...haha

Hehehehehe.

Over here we have a little problem.

Costa Rican referees don't quite understand what's extreme use of force and what is just hitting hard.

It's too ambiguous. In some tournaments they allow you to hit hard, which is good, this is karate, you are supposed to hit hard and be hit hard.

But in some other tournaments they just won't allow anything tough.

I remember one time a dojo classmate was fighting with another guy in a tournament, and this other guy went ahead with a gyaku tsuki, but when he did that he lowered his whole body, and my classmate threw a mawashi geri, hitting his nose.

He started bleeding, and my partner was disqualified because of extreme use of force.

Haha. A similar thing happened to me.

My sparring partner jumped up and tried "Hanuman goes to lanka" and he went to high up in the air and I was able to throw an ushiro Geri right in his chest...he did like three back flips before landing on the mat...luckily we had a mat...

Hehehehehehehehe

Now that you mention mats, I remember one time we were practicing falls in an Judo mat, and later on that day we went to an exhibition.

The Sen Sei told us to warm up in the new mat, but we didn't listen to him because there were some girls... and when we got to the exhibition, it was a karate mat,which is ten times harder than a judo one...

We left full of bruises and all kind of aches...hehehehe

When i was trying to learn drunken boxing, their are alot of falls...well I was being stupid at one time and I did it on concrete...It was not fun...:(...

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

One time a classmate was trying to open more and more his legs for high kicks...but he tried to make the split on ceramic floor...with socks...

He ended up at the hospital and both thighs a mess