• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Belt Progression in your style.

quinteros1963

I always insist upon using my old white belt when ever I being a new style. And I hate belts that wont tie right (if their too short), I like for them to come right down to the end of my gi top, anything below that impedes and anything above that impedes as well.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grego,

when I was in Juijitsu just starting I got choked out by a belt at one time...Im not sure how but after that I removed my belt size from a 6 to a 5 for the class, haha.

Yes it is. Not something that I would take the time to do in a real street brawl, but thats why I like doing diverse martial arts that way if I ever do get into a fight I have a big tool box to reach into.... :)

I got choked out like that before..I believe in Judo for a choke to work you need to have an arm in some sort of hold as well, i believe I am not entirely sure, its been a while since I competed in a judo tournament.

As I mentioned Traymond, my Sen Sei has done a lot of martial arts, and I really really like how he mixes them.

For example, during Ashihara Kumite (a lot like Kyukushin) sometimes he throws you like in Judo, and you simple don't know what the hell happened heheheh.

I really like that part of Judo, and how it is one of the most "mixables" martial arts.

By the way, do you know if the judo belt is different than the karate one? The gi is obviously different, but I have never paid attention to the belt.