quinteros1963

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i figured this was a nice way to talk with other martial artists. i am a 6th dan in matsubayashi ryu and my belt structure is:

white

yellow

orange

green

purple

brown

black

looking forward to talking to you all...

I have seen many arts put green before blue, I have seen few put blue before green. then, purple is placed somewhere in-between?

These three colors may not fully symbolize a gradual color-darkening process, as many think bekt ranking does.

with the colors of our belts you'd think they'd put blue before green cause the blue one is brighter. and therefore going with the gradual darkening.

but no they put green before blue in our system

who'da thunk it.

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.

You don't have to blow out someone else's candle in order to let your own flame shine.

In Shindokan, our blue is after green. Why? The Blue Sky is ABOVE the solid Green Earth.

:)

We have blue belt before green, and between there is yellow, but our light blue refers to water.

“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

Shotokan

white

yellow

orange

green

blue

purple

brown 3 - 1

black

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

white 9th kyu

yellow 8th kyu

orange 7th kyu

green 6th kyu

blue 5th kyu

purple 4th kyu

brown 3rd kyu

brown 2nd kyu

brown 1st kyu

black

How come you don't have a 10th kyu??

Not all schools start at 10th Kyu.

It all depends on how the training is broken up (i.e. promotions once a year vs every 6 months).

In fact, a lot of Karate/Shotokan schools back in the day (before the 70s) only had 7 kyu(s).

Also, if you go back far enough some Karate school only had White and Black (like Judo); therefore anything below Shodan is just white belt.