• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ten Most Expensive Comics at New York Comic Con

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I use to deal in comics a long time ago, I have one still in my collection that goes for bout $1000.00 Just never had intentions on selling it yet (waiting for it to go up more).

It's amazing what a treasurehouse the past can be. These stories and artwork could only come from another era, the world has changed that much, and there's something captivating about what we call "Comic Books."

I loved them when I was a kid in the late fifties and early sixties.

I remember finding out that, when Superman was in his early days, he jumped from building rooftop to building rooftop. I even saw a reprint of one of those comics. I also read that he was once knocked out by a hand grenade. The earlier developers of the character were still having him unfold to be "super."

Does anyone recall that Frank Frazetta was a regular artist with comics of all kinds? I don't know if you'd call them comic books, but he also drew for Creepy and Eerie. One of these horror covers had a monster/ghoul coming out of a grave and grabbing a man, pushing a large tombstone to one side while doing so. Talk about a morbid sense of humor: If you read the tombstone, it had "Frazetta" and the copyright date on it. (It's available as a reprint on his web site, but it's hard to make out from the thumbnail.)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu