• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Foot grabbed - response?

Depending on the exact positioning, and how loose the grip on the leg is, you may be able to get a kimura/figure 4 on the gripping arm. You reach through and get the grip, then use your other leg to kick the guy over your head as you roll back. You end up with side control and the kimura grip. You could also go for a front choke/guillotine and fall back to guard with it.

Another option is to spin or roll under and go for a legbar or heel hook. Some guys even like to bait the leg grab with hillarious results

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to do this :

when u have his leg in front of your torso push him backwards so he can loses balance and then sweep his leg hard with your leg

Ninjutsu(2nd Dan)

Shinkyokushin(5th kyu)

Ah, Lee's backflip kick...only he and Guile can do that, I think...;)

O'Hara never had a chance. So much for the "emotional content, not anger" thing, because Bruce planted his feet right in O'Hara's chest. I once heard a rumor along time ago that said that it was a stuntman and NOT Bruce Lee who preformed this backflip kick. Still, what a cool move! I'd try it but I like my head!

BTW, who's Guile?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Guile is a character from the Street Fighter video games. One of his "special" moves was called the Flash Kick, which was essentially a back flip boot to the head.

Guile is a character from the Street Fighter video games. One of his "special" moves was called the Flash Kick, which was essentially a back flip boot to the head.

Guile!!!! Now I do remember him. Thanks Brian! Duh on me!

:P

I think the character Starman (a masked Mexican style wrester) from the old NES game Pro Wrestling did the same thing. So now we have Bruce Lee (or a stuntman), Guile, and now Starman doing it. That means we all can do it. Foot capture problem solved!

"Mo ichi do!"--Morio Higaonna

I think the character Starman (a masked Mexican style wrester) from the old NES game Pro Wrestling did the same thing. So now we have Bruce Lee (or a stuntman), Guile, and now Starman doing it. That means we all can do it. Foot capture problem solved!

Oh to be a cartoon character or a stuntman or...well...I'll just stay rooted on the ground!

:P :lol:

• 6 months later...

when it happens you proberly wont have enough time to think about it youll be on the ground in no time but i would say Kani Basami.....on youtube Mikio Yahara has a great vid on that....or if not in class just jump up and spin round with a heel kick but since they are grabbing your leg youd either loosen the grip or snap your leg....youd proberly also fall

practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect