• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Happy 4th of July America!

KickChick

This week marks the first Independence Day celebration since Sept. 11. Songs about the terrorist attacks that were supposed to be performed on two holiday specials -- PBS' "A Capitol Fourth” and ABC's "In Search of America: A July 4th Musical Celebration” -- have been dropped because the networks say they set the wrong tone. (... and you thought KF was tough on censoring expletives!!)

Because this is one of the songs that was banned (... look thru the lyrics to find out why)

... I thought I would post the lyrics here in celebration of what it means to be an American! .... (.....an angry one at that!)

Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue

(The Angry American)

Appropriate Lyrics?

Lyrics By Toby Keith

American Girls

And American Guys

We'll always stand up and salute

We'll always recognize

When we see Old Glory flyin'

There's a lot of men dead

So we can sleep in peace at night

When we lay down our head.

My daddy served in the army

Where he lost his right eye

But he flew a flag out in our yard

Till the day that he died

He wanted my mother

My brother

My sister and me

To grow up and live happy

In the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love

Has fallen under attack

A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in

From somewhere in the back

Soon as we could see clearly

Through our big black eye

Man, we lit up your world

Like the Fourth of July.

Hey Uncle Sam put your name

At the top of his list

And the Statue of Liberty

Started shakin' her fist

And the eagle will fly

And there's gonna be hell

When you hear Mother Freedom

Start ringin' her bell

And it'll feel like the whole wide world

Is rainin' down on you

Brought to you courtesy

Of the Red, White and Blue.

Oh justice will be served

And the battle will rage

This big dog will fight

When you rattle his cage

And you'll be sorry that you messed with The U.S. of A.

'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass

It's the American way.

Hey Uncle Sam put your name

At the top of his list

And the Statue of Liberty

Started shakin' her fist

And the eagle will fly

And there's gonna be hell

When you hear Mother Freedom

Start ringin' her bell

And it'll feel like the whole wide world

Is rainin' down on you

Brought to you courtesy

Of the Red, White and Blue.

Oh, oh, of the Red, White and Blue

Oh, oh, of the Red, White and Blue.

COPYRIGHT 2002 TOKECO TUNES (BMI)

WRITTEN BY TOBY KEITH

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-07-03 08:09 ]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Charlie Daniels ended up telling one of the networks to get bent because they didn't like one of the songs he wrote about Sept 11th. Too bad for the networks. They will miss having that good ol boy play the fiddle and so will we.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Happy 4th everyone, and remember. Don't let those *******s (terrorists) scare us from partying on our country's birthday :grin:

Anyways, I gotta go pack. Going to PA for the 4th. My hunny's sister is throwing a huge party. See ya when I get back (friday).

Laurie F

The 4th is to celebrate independence but we must not forget the price that has to be paid to continue our way of life. Here is something worh reading....... thank you Mr. Pitts,

By Leonard Pitts Jr. for the Miami Herald

Published Wednesday, September 12, 2001

We'll go forward from this moment

It's my job to have something to say.

They pay me to provide words that help make sense of that which troubles the American soul. But in this moment of airless shock when hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I can find to say, the only words that seem to fit, must be addressed to the unknown author of this suffering.

You monster. You beast. You unspeakable *******.

What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed.

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.

Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.

Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.

Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, social, political and class division, but a family nonetheless. We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae -- a singer's revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse. We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availability of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of that, we walk through life with a certain sense of blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though -- peace-loving and compassionate. We struggle to know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a just and loving God.

Some people -- you, perhaps -- think that any or all of this makes us weak. You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong in ways that cannot be measured by arsenals.

IN PAIN

Yes, we're in pain now. We are in mourning and we are in shock. We're still grappling with the unreality of the awful thing you did, still working to make ourselves understand that this isn't a special effect from some Hollywood blockbuster, isn't the plot development from a Tom Clancy novel. Both in terms of the awful scope of their ambition and the probable final death toll, your attacks are likely to go down as the worst acts of terrorism in the history of the United States and, probably, the history of the world. You've bloodied us as we have never been bloodied before.

But there's a gulf of difference between making us bloody and making us fall. This is the lesson Japan was taught to its bitter sorrow the last time anyone hit us this hard, the last time anyone brought us such abrupt and monumental pain. When roused, we are righteous in our outrage, terrible in our force. When provoked by this level of barbarism, we will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length, in the pursuit of justice.

I tell you this without fear of contradiction. I know my people, as you, I think, do not. What I know reassures me. It also causes me to tremble with dread of the future.

In the days to come, there will be recrimination and accusation, fingers pointing to determine whose failure allowed this to happen and what can be done to prevent it from happening again. There will be heightened security, misguided talk of revoking basic freedoms. We'll go forward from this moment sobered, chastened, sad. But determined, too. Unimaginably determined.

THE STEEL IN US

You see, the steel in us is not always readily apparent. That aspect of our character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well. On this day, the family's bickering is put on hold.

As Americans we will weep, as Americans we will mourn, and as Americans, we will rise in defense of all that we cherish.

So I ask again: What was it you hoped to teach us? It occurs to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred. If that's the case, consider the message received. And take this message in exchange: You don't know my people. You don't know what we're capable of. You don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn.

Have a Happy and safe holiday......

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!!!

I heard Tobey Keith this a.m. on Bob & Tom (radio) talking about how that sorry excuse for a newsman Peter Jennings had banned him from the 4th of July special on ABC because lyricks of his song about 9-11-01 were too "Angry".....What a steaming pile of monkey #$^&*+"!!! Should we not be angry?!!!!!.......I won't even tie up the board with all the expletives about how I feel about this.....I could on & on..GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

--Back in the Dojang! Choong Sil TKD & Aikido

[ This Message was edited by: OldRookie on 2002-07-04 01:18 ]

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

Happy 4th everyone.

1776 we told King George we have had enough. We have hit a few bumps along the way but we are still going strong. Don't forget where we came from guys and think God for what we got. Only in Americia can we do the things we do.

God Bless the USA.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."