• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kama Vs. Sai

Traymond

But never the less they still knew how to use the Kama and the gusari Kama very well.

A Blade is a blade no matter what, whether it is designed as a weapon from its birth or not, it still has the same meaning if used as a weapon.

Daimyo use to are their troops with more then one weapon, just in case if they lost their primary weapon (Which would be the spear, because you have to admit holding onto a wooden weapon with full Kote on is not the easiest), they would break out a secondary weapon, which could be the Katana, as it as a bulkier weapon Nobunaga-san reportedly equipped his Samurai with Either Gusari Kama, kama and on more the one occasion used Tuifa (Tonfa).

Every one has their own concept on weapons, sure the Katana has its own advantages, but it basically has eight ranges of motion, the Kama has twelve, the sai has ten. I prefer a weapon that I can manipulate more than a weapon that can just be moved 8 different directions. And as to the matter of what the reason for the item to be made as, it makes no differance to me...A swords meaning is to kill, but today...a hand sickle is no longer used to mull grain. So either way both weapons are no longer weapons, now they have colts for that...which I would use if someone ever broke into my house, I am not gonna go running over to the overhead paul chen and charge at my cat burgurlar...I'm gonna shoot him, and thats done. Haha.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

im at the same problem your at master baby rr. i personally am going with the sai. it is more versitile and is a great defensive weapon

Hon-Shin-Do=The way of the True Heart

Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go untill they think they are going to collapse. but the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further beyond all limits. Only when all these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with a previous post, it would come down entirely to the skill of the user.

Kama are absolutely vicious when you know how to use them and aren't scared of them. They can be held in a couple different ways to increase effectiveness.

Sai, which are probably my favorite weapon, are also intense. The clear advantage I can see that they have over kama is that they can be thrown. These, too, can be held in a multitude of ways to inflict pain.

I would say that kama may have the upper hand in a fight purely because of the length of the blade and having a seemingly bigger striking/slashing surface. Against a very skilled sai practitioner though...one killing blow from a sai may be faster than a deep slash or gouge by the kama.

"We do not do karate. We are karate." -Hanshi Doug Perry