• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bas Rutten Street Defense

I cannot see myself slamming someones face into a table...or picking up a chair to defend myself...
It can be a really good tactic to use enviornmental factors to help you in a jam. Forcing people into walls, for example, will limit their mobility and give you a good controlled chance to work the in-fight if that's your range.

As for the table, if the situation calls for an escalation or force multiplier it mightbe a real good option. The chair or barstool is excellent for building distance and a barrier between yourself and a knife.

I'm with tallgeese here. Especially when size and weight factors become a disparity. Knowing and using your environment can give you the advantage that you need to be able to escape an attacker, and his buddies.

I found Mr. Rutten very entertaining to listen to, as well. I think he would be a fun guy to get into the gym with. He seems very knowledgable.

I agree with the distance by using the chair, but still I doubt I would ever slam someones head into a table....I like that technique by breaking their arm with the knee... :)...but if worse came to worse I would probably just hit them in the throat...now thats pretty bad...prolly worse than slamming their head...but...i dont know haha...im not really sure.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loved it. found it very entertaining and could be very useful. I actually do 4:39 in my self defense routine but I do not do all the punching I throw one good palm to the face sweep the leg and my favorite an very effective punch to the groin and do I get a lot of gasps exespecially when my husband has his cup on and I give a little knock. :nod: