• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tuite,(Twee-tay) was originally pronounced (in Okinawan) “Twee-Tee” (yes, just like the cartoon bird, LOL) and is also called “torite”(in Japanese), is commonly taught in (most) Okinawan systems. It is a methodology of joint manipulation, consisting of various joint locks (of the wrist and arm), there are also “leg joint” locks and motions (but are not necessarily considered to be “tuite”). The “word” translates as “Grab-hand”, depending your interpretation of “that”, it can represent your “grabbing” hand, or someone else's “grabbing” hand (and the techniques to deal with those situations). Oyata, was the first (that I knew of) to use the pronunciation “Twee-Tay”, (he was tired of American servicemen “giggling”, when ever he said “Twee Tee”), and choose to use the “Japanese” pronunciation of “Te”(Tay).

"If your breakin' a sweat, your doin' something wrong"

(If your really Bored)

http://ryute.blogspot.com

There are componants of it that run thru many systems out of Okinawa. Like was said above, it's based on joint manipulation and destruction. It's usually coupled with striking in a hard manner to acheive supremicy in joint position. I've also seen it associated with pressure point work in some segments.

But at it's core it's about reducing an offentding joint to rubble. It is a great tool and when learned from a good instructior, it can be an excellent addition to about anything your doing.

In my opinion, where it comes into it's own the best is in training to deal with controling and destroying an appendage with a weapon. Tactically, it seems to be the best end result I've seen in real world applications.

• 3 weeks later...
Tuite,(Twee-tay) was originally pronounced (in Okinawan) “Twee-Tee” (yes, just like the cartoon bird, LOL) and is also called “torite”(in Japanese), is commonly taught in (most) Okinawan systems. It is a methodology of joint manipulation, consisting of various joint locks (of the wrist and arm), there are also “leg joint” locks and motions (but are not necessarily considered to be “tuite”). The “word” translates as “Grab-hand”, depending your interpretation of “that”, it can represent your “grabbing” hand, or someone else's “grabbing” hand (and the techniques to deal with those situations). Oyata, was the first (that I knew of) to use the pronunciation “Twee-Tay”, (he was tired of American servicemen “giggling”, when ever he said “Twee Tee”), and choose to use the “Japanese” pronunciation of “Te”(Tay).

Kinda sounds like Small Circle Jujutsu..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard