• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

• 16 and Under
    • 17 to 21
    • 22 to 29
    • 30 to 39
    • 40 and above

I'm 19 here. Will be 20 pretty soon.

Don't feel it though. In my mind I still feel 18.

Becoming is making me feel old.

I know, I know... But it's something about hitting that 2nd decade mark. And then I really can't classify myself at all as still being a teenager!

2nd kyu brown belt for karate. White belt for judo.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ruined my joints as a child. I trained at a Martial Arts school 4 days a week, 3 hours a day, no padding. Full contact sparring encouraged. My shins are a mess and my knees hurt like a toothache everyday. I love NSAIDs. I have to take them to get through the day.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

Don't know what you're missing. Wait a few years and several training traumas later :) .

In 2000, my age being forty-eight, my hands were so overworked by a combination of weight-training and working on the house (including landscaping) I'd purchased, that there were pains at the base of each thumb and an actual interference with both thumbs' movement occurred. I was in the gray area of an operation at the base of both thumbs.

Instead, I took injections into the base each thumb--twice. It was right in the joint, hurt like mad while being administered, and hurt like mad for the next two days from the medication injected.

The pain ended, not only from the medication but from the overwork. Full mobility returned. I never got the operations and continued weight-training for the next three years.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I'm 28. Sometimes I get on the floor and feel like kicking butt and taking names. Other times I get on the floor and feel so old and crotchety I don't feel like doing a thing.

May have something to do with the fact I work with kids all day long and then head to the dojo.

30something here.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!