• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Are The Martial Artists Here ?

• 16 and Under
    • 17 to 21
    • 22 to 29
    • 30 to 39
    • 40 and above

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39, Here but I might as well be 40 :D

Not too far til the 4-Zero. The bright side, you could be 49 pushing 50 :)

It seems like once you get past 30, all we do is push...

Made 40 this year. Started training about 2 years ago in Tang Soo Do. I was always athletic from weightlifting and bodybuilding. Since my worn body no longer allows me to lift like I used to, martial arts has given me a new focus I had once lost sight of. But aches and pains abound. :karate:

33...been training for 11 years, but not consecutively... From 9 until 19 in Goju Ryu and then from 32 until now in TKD and Aikido... There is a definite deficiency in flexibility now but also a definite plus in strength. My joints hurt more and I don't seem to bounce back from injury like I used to.

What I wouldn't give to have my 20s back.

"Mo ichi do!"--Morio Higaonna

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. I have a seven year old in soo bahk do. I am really enjoying watching him and I find myself wanting to learn. My question is am I too old? Now before you say yes, understand that I'm 55 yrs old. I just started over with my second family. I'm in shape and don't have any limitations that I know of. In your opinion am I too old for this? thanks for your advice

Hello all. I have a seven year old in soo bahk do. I am really enjoying watching him and I find myself wanting to learn. My question is am I too old? Now before you say yes, understand that I'm 55 yrs old. I just started over with my second family. I'm in shape and don't have any limitations that I know of. In your opinion am I too old for this? thanks for your advice

Certainly not! In fact, at my karate school, we had a gentleman who was 65 years old who decided to take up karate after watching his granddaughter in class. If it seems like something you'd enjoy, get in there and start learning! :)