• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings

Kruczek

Hello Everyone,

My name is Theodore Kruczek and I, like everyone else posting in this section, am new.

A little about me. I am currently 18 years old and attending a prep school to go into the United States Air Force Academy next year. I have been studying karate actively for the last 10 years. I began training in 1998 in Elkhart Indiana under Teru Hendry as part of Yamashita Shorin-Ryu. In 2003 the school split and I remained with Senseis Brice Hosterman and Richard Hooven, still under Yamashita Shorin-Ryu. In 2004 I tested in front of Yamashita Sensei and received my Black Belt. I remained as an assistant instructor for four years, in which time the school left Yamashita Shorin-Ryu to be part of Shorinkan Shorin-Ryu with the instruction of Kyoshi Eddie Bethea.

I have trained in Tae Kwon Do to recieve my 6th Kyu and took classes in Uechi Ryu, but requested not to have any official rank in that style. I also have been studying the concepts of Russian Systema through various videos.

In addition to Karate, I began training in Matayoshi-Yamashita Kobudo in 1999. Due to lack of weapons instructors rank was never formalized. Regardless I continued to practice and learn more and more from various seminars, books, and youtube videos. I recently taught my own classes in weapons to a few students emphasizing on Bunkai rather than Kata and practicing in pairs with contact.

Enough about me, I am here to expand my knowledge on the different variations of all the classical katas, as well to fill in the history to some of our katas that are clearly misnamed (Gojushiho Dai Ni and Heian Nidan).

If anyone would like to chitchat about karate or exchange information my email should be publicly available. I am a huge fan of Gichin Funakoshi's philosophies on karate and its future.

Okinawan Karate-Do Institute

http://okiblog.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt