• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate School Pricing

Yeah, we've seen a lot of drop-outs at our school of late. Going rate here is also $65 a month. Interestingly enough, that's less than I paid in another school fifteen years ago when my older daughter took up martial arts. In those days we paid $69 per month for the first family member and $39 for the second. These days that same school is charging $89 and $49.

If a fight is unavoidable hit first, hit hard, and hit the road.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school was originally $40 a month per person and $5 off every additional family member ($35, $30, etc..)

Currently we charge $40 "liberally". We have had people who didn't have the money and they would come in and help clean on the weekends to make up for it. I myself chipped in $50 just because I knew we could use it. I assume this method doesn't work well in a big city though :(.

Okinawan Karate-Do Institute

http://okiblog.com

My school was originally $40 a month per person and $5 off every additional family member ($35, $30, etc..)

Currently we charge $40 "liberally". We have had people who didn't have the money and they would come in and help clean on the weekends to make up for it. I myself chipped in $50 just because I knew we could use it. I assume this method doesn't work well in a big city though :(.

Wow - that's pretty reasonable to me!

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 2 weeks later...

My School that I attend has just renovated their pricing, haha..;

One month - 40

two months 70

three month - 100

four month - 115

And daily rate 4 bucks

But my teacher is extremely nice, half of his students havent even paid in three month. I take lessons free because I teach Judo, and brasshand style their for free, but I donate alot to the school still.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

It is especially since my teacher teaches about 4-6 classes a week. Not including private lessons. Plus the classes that I teach and another black belt teaches.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the other day how martial arts schools are doing in this economy. Businesses must really be hurting.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

To Keep a school up and running these days in my own experience you have to do alot of advertising and alot of giving away. you see a birthday give them a weapon or a new uniform for their birthday they wont a medal give them a prize, hold tournaments teach weapons its alot to do to keep a school up and running, and I dont think it is any longer possible to live off of teaching martial arts.

I think you are 100% right on the mark. Times are way too tough now. Good suggestions.