• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Holiday Movies

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I always like "The Quiet Man" around St. Patrick's Day.

When I was in Ireland in 1991, I visited the city of Cong, on the western side of the island, where the movie was filmed. I rode in the same buggy that John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara did.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

The stock answer for Christmas has to be "A Christmas Story", about Ralphie getting his bb gun.

I like to tell my wife that my favorite Christmas movies are "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" since both are set at Christmas. It still gets an eye roll out of her. I'm really only half kidding.

Good call, TG, both were Christmas movies.

We've been watching a lot of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the one with Jim Carrey as The Grinch. My little one has been enjoying it, and my wife and daughter recite the movie by heart. Watching that one is a tradition for us.

My wife also likes to watch It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas day. We also watch A Christmas Story at least once during the 24 hour marathon.

heh, yeah... I'll take Die Hard, too. ;) Without giving it too much thought. So many holiday movies...

I loved the Home Alone movies when I was younger, as well. :)

The first Home Alone movie was just supposed to be a holiday-time one, and no one expected it to be such a hit that it would go on for months. Home Alone 2: Lost In New York was a great Christmastime sequel.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

March of the Wooden Soldiers

White Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

Scrooge (the one with Alistair Sim)

All of the "claymation" Christmas cartoons

and last but not least....

Charlie Brown Christmas

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Yeah, I enjoyed both. We actually stayed at The Plaza in New York once, in large part to it being in the movie. :)