• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black belt test tonight!

First off I wish I had found this site sooner. I am going to spend hours on here reading.

My son tests tonight for his fist black belt . It's been a long four years. He started right before his 4th birthday mainly to help with some muscle problems, but he has developed an absolute love for karate. I'm probably more nervous than he is. I'm proud now just because he has stuck with it this long and will be even prouder tonight after he earns his belt.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

He did it although it took 2 attempts. He was nervous about this all day and just blew it on the first attempt. Reminded me of myself during finals week back in school. His sensei had him sit down, relax, and warm up again. He nailed all of the katas the second time. I don't know how normal it is to have a second attempt like that. She explained to us after the test that she does not let students test at all unless she feels they are ready and she knew he was extremely nervous.

She explained to us after the test that she does not let students test at all unless she feels they are ready and she knew he was extremely nervous.

The right decision was made.

Congratulations to your son, the new dan member!

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Congrats to him. :D Nerves get everybody at some point, good he worked through it.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Congratulations, how old is your son now?

He's 8. I know from reading the forums that there is some disagreement over kids this young earning a black belt, but I am amazed at how he has grown in maturity, work ethic, and confidence over the last 4 years.