• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi color

G95champ

My style wears a black gi in class. However when I start my own school im going to let anyone above brown belt where blue or red if they choose to. I dont think gi color really matters. Also take it from me those heavy weight black gis make it so you work out a nice sweat. :dead:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below Shodan: White.

Shodan and up: The option of wearing a black GI exists.

I prefer Tokaido, but have worn, and like, Kwon (the "Kata" 14 oz. don't know if its available in the US.), Meijin, and the Adidas hweavyweight Gi ( I LOVE this gi. My only objection is the fahrstuckene Adidas skunk cabbages on the R breast and R leg!).

Tried Kamikaze, didn't like them. Just felt "odd."

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• 3 weeks later...
All of our students wear white. Black belts wear a white bottom and the Hap Ki Do dimond top. As a senior belt and instructor I am permited to wear my dimond top and black pants. My senior instructor wears a white or white dimond top with either plain black or black w/ a red stripe for his bottoms.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

My GM will not permit us to wear all black. He believes it is bad Ki, with the 2 tone being balance, and all white being possitive.

2nd Dan Hap Ki Do: What we do in life echos for an eternity!

Yep we use the white gis aswell...stands for purity..yea and stuff!!

Goju ryu karate-do

Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

[ This Message was edited by: LeaF on 2002-08-03 08:52 ]

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Under black belt wears all white, black belt has choice of whatever, demo team wears black top and black pants with red and white stripes.

The Yak

"Patience is the key to understanding"

"The man who is first is often last"

White Gi's until first Dan, then White Gi's and a Black Hakama. (Which looks really great). Then anything around 5th or 6th Dan is a white Gi and a White hakama, but thats only for special occations.

In Sambo we wear a heavy Judo or Sambo Gi, also the Gi colour should match the belt colour (Blue Gi/blue belt, Red Gi/Red belt...) Very few Sambo schools in the world train with belt rankings, my school dose not, we only wear belts to keep our Gi's togther. ( I guess we could shoe string, but that would look silly! :lol:)

http://www.nhbcanada.ca/Photo%20Files/NHBshadow.JPG

Tapout or pass out, it dosen't matter to me!