• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi color

G95champ

Lightweight karate trousers certainly are comfy - although I don't wear mine to work out in as it looks too much as if one is making a statement. Often I wear my old pair for kicking around the house in, or as pyjama bottoms! Only disadvantage is when you need to get up in the middle of the night for a pee and somehow make the bow in the drawstring into a big unsolvable knot. :eek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:spitlaugh: :spitlaugh: :spitlaugh:I came so close to spitting tea all over my keyboard.

Now that I have quit laughing I cheat. I wear 10 oz pants with an elastic waist.

You know an interesting thread might be how do you determine when it is time to retire your gi.

lol i think my gi is 14 oz....the Century heavyweight.

In my school, students wear a black gi (gasp! we use Ikon for those....). If they get promoted to Blackbelt Club, they wear blue (Ikon also), and still have the option of black. That's good for when you can't get the laundry done. We didn't start using Ikon gis until last summer, so some of us old fogies :lol: who have been around awhile wear century blue ones. Only problem is that Ikon and Century gis aren't the same weight, so we use Ikon's middleweight and century's heavyweight. Ikon's are 2 oz. lighter.

Blackbelts get to wear whatever they want to. One of our blackbelts was named Tony, we called him the tiger. He was going to get a Tiger striped gi from Century...but then he got a job and had to quit.

Demo Team members wear the Red & Black splice sleeved team uniforms from Century. We were gonna go sleeveless, but as I have no muscle mass, and some of us didn't want to see hairy armpits, we shouted that one down :wink:

In our school it's kind of a tradition that when a student gets their blackbelt, they pick what uniform combination they're going to wear. I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear if I pass this test in September... :uhoh:

Ok, this is getting to be a very long post, so I'll end it here!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

All of my students wear white until they reach 4thKyu(Green belt) then they can wear any color except all black or grey, which is reserved for instructors and masters only. My demo and competition teams have matching uniforms and they wear them no amtter what their rank.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

Just a note on grey gi's. Most of them started out as heavier weight black gis. Time and washings fade them down do grey.

That is one of the big differences between black and very dark blues. Black fades down to grey and the blue stays darker.

I like to wear Tokaido or Juka 14 oz. Black Tournament cut for competition and regular 10 oz. for practice. They're on the pricey side, but the quality and longevity is worth the extra bucks...the 14 oz. pops louder than the 10 oz. for grabbing those discerning judges attention :wink:

Peace

http://community.webshots.com/user/jakmak521

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

On 2002-07-03 08:24, Eye of the Tiger wrote:

For kickboxing we where black polo shirts with the red logo on the left side, black trousers with 2 red stripes going down them.

man those trousers are comfy aint they!