• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi color

G95champ

We're permitted to wear Black gis during normal class periods. But when gradings, tournaments or special guests arrive we are obligated to wear white traditional gis...

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make" -Bruce Leehttp://www.myvidtodvd.com/mysmilies/otn/other/leseratte.gif

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/xerx/smileystooges.gif

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who is not a blackbelt must wear a white gi. A black belt can, whenever they want, wear black pants. The head sensei is the only one permitted to weat a full black gi. Thats just how it is in our dojo.

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

i do Shotokan and in my club students wear white gis. They are getting dirty very quick, but that's it :)

We'll have to buy a lot of them in order to look clean. I like the idea of black gis. They are quite elegant.

The Century's coloured gis? Hmm Not for me 10x. I wouldn't like to look like a clown.

it was a double post, so I edited this one. Sorry for the double.

Gis ... well I went today on a competition. They were selling there karategis among other things. How much do you think a Kamikaze Monarch costs? 150 Euros. Hmmm

Edited by ramymensa

• 2 months later...

White - Orange Belts White Uniform Only

Blue - Sec. Purple White or Blue Uniform

Red - Sec. Brown White, Blue or Red Uniform

Black Any Color

white top with white pants, blue top with blue pants, red top with red pants, etc. You will not be allowed to mix and match colors. Only Black Belts may make an exception and mix colors, as it is an honor and privilege of rank.

~*KarateMom*~

Beginners wear white, advanced wear white or black, blackbelts can mix or match white and black. Upper blackbelts can also work red into their wardrobe...

Since we also grapple, I prefer black as it is easier to keep clean. White really shows the grime. I have been happy with the 8.5 oz Macho brand.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I have a super heavy weight macho gi. I like it a lot. They soften up a lot with wear. At first I thought it felt like working out in sweats. But as I got used to it I realized the loose baggy cotton did not stick to me any thing like sweats.

• 4 weeks later...

The club I am a member of uses black GI's. (Karate)

I personally like the look of the black ones over white, but only personal pref. When I did Judo some people had blue ones opposed to white most had. If I ever get into Judo again I would for sure want blue. :brow: Judo in style I tell ya.

J.

We primarily wear Black. Exceptions are: The tournament team has custom uniforms but still using school colors of Black/Red (Kenpo). Plus, if we are also in the kickboxing class (in which we have custom kickboxing uniforms) we are permitted to wear these in regular class workouts. But for test, we all comply with the strict uniform of all black traditional Gi's.

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

• 2 weeks later...