• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gi color

G95champ

How many of you all have to wear a white or black gi in class?

I really like the white gi but it shows dirt so bad I make all my new students wear black. My class all wears black except our blackbelts wears black bottoms and blue tops.

I noticed Century was selling some wild and crazy colors on gi's now. Anyone use them. They look a bit wild for me.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have always worn all white gis. I do wear black to practice in though. I found that my karate pants were the greatest to work out in put was ruining them in the weight room so I got extra black pants to work out in. Before I did that just about all of my sweats wound up with the crotch getting ripped out.

I have seen some of those wild "demo team" uniforms. Not something I would want to wear.

When I train with the adult tkd class, I wear white. When I train in the junior tkd class, I wear red (Black Belt Club). My current jiu-jitsu gi is white, but I am getting a blue one with my birthday money :razz:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

In my art we wear the black gi. As instructors, we do have the choice to wear whatever color we choose, but we all stick to the black gi.

As far as the Century uniforms, if I had to select some for my students to wear, I would stick with the ones that are trimmed along the lapels and have the matching stipes down the side of the leg. I would try to stick with the primary colors of our school.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

White. White. More white.

My gi is totally plain - not even a manufacturers label, let alone 101 badges and multicolored materials. I prefer it this way.

I found this site, which offers custom made gis in your choice of materials and colors. If you want a stars and stripes gi they will make you one. If you want a full traditional Japanese outfit with gi, hakama pants, kimono, haori coat, etc, they will also custom make one in traditional materials.

For who train extra hard, they offer something called the "real hard ba$tard" which is a gi made out of heavy weight bleached cotton denim!

http://home.att.net/~daimyo.outfitters/

BTW, a "wild" demo team uniform would get you disqualified at AKF tournaments...

KarateForums.com - Sempai

We all wear black.

As I said mainly becasue it lasts longer. Dirt and other stains are hidden better.

Our Blackbelts will wear a blue top.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I usually wear a black gi. The only time I wear something else is when Im in a tournament (If the rules allow this uniform) or doing a demo. My other gi (Which isnt really a gi, its more of a uniform) is the red and black sleeveless uniform from century. I was wearing it in my first tournament. Now it holds a big sentimental value. Too bad a lot of tournaments dont allow sleeveless uniforms. Drat it all...