• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opinions of belts

I have never really heard of these issues before. I honestly don't think that it would fool anyone. As far as gi pants go, I think would prefer that they be functional and comfortable, as opposed to anything else.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of times some things may be over looked. Would you rather spend time looking at Posture or how deep he "looks" in his kiba dachi? You cannot say that someone cannot wear baggy pants, I for one prefer the baggy pants because they allow for more room, I cant raise my leg well in those tight ones...but I am not gonna wear them so that it looks better for my tournament results.

I know alot of people who do,this and it naturally disgusts me, maybe I take it to much to heart I dont know, but it just ticks me off, haha.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

If the pants are bigger and baggier if can make such stances as Kiba and shiko dachi look alot deeper than what they are up to about 2-3 inches, which is alot, if you cannot hold it down that long. I prefer them because they are more beneficial to the judoka or the karateka for grappling moves. So that the pants wont get ripped. Same thing with the longer belt, if you go to such tournaments at the US open or anything with a lot of contenders, they are not going to stop and check everyones knee postition and where exactly it is.

Just like using an xma toothpick bo. They are extremely light, and what benefit are they except they look good. they dont build muscle and they make it look like martial arts is easy.

I guess I haven't seen this, so I'll take your word for it.

As a judge, I would say that I would look at the knee bend of the stance, specifically from the top of the leg, and not underneath. I think if you can take note of how tall a competitor is, and how long his legs are, then you can judge stances that way, if the pants really distort things that much.

I myself have never heard of analyzing the height of a person, since looks can be deceiving with correct posture and wrong posture as well. Thats why for tournaments we make people wear their correct size of uniform, but they are allowed to wear a size higher in belt size if they have hangul, kanji or some other kind of embroidery on it. But I will look into the height and analyzing the knee bend some more as well.

and

nrspook? Do you wear a size seven because that is your correct size? Because if you want them longer I know of a place you can custom order belts from.

I guess I haven't seen this, so I'll take your word for it.

As a judge, I would say that I would look at the knee bend of the stance, specifically from the top of the leg, and not underneath. I think if you can take note of how tall a competitor is, and how long his legs are, then you can judge stances that way, if the pants really distort things that much.

I have to agree with bushio_man96. The angle of the knee from above is what I'd look for too as well as the height change. If you're looking at the torso and arms anyway your eye can naturally fall to the top of the knee and even non-baggy trousers can obscure the angle below. You can tell if someone's sitting in their stance properly because the height drops. (Actually I suppose the height drop is really noticeable for us because of sine wave :P). But still, if it were me, I'd be looking at how far down they were in their stance compared to their height and the length/width of the stance.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

But regardless, of the knee bend, wouldnt it still make it look lower than how it is suppose to be, even though they are in the correct position for a perfect horse stance.

Naturally the mind tells you to look at the bodies association with materialistic items on the body. Such as someone with baggier clothing looks bigger.

Wouldn't the stance still look lower than what it is suppose to look?

But regardless, of the knee bend, wouldnt it still make it look lower than how it is suppose to be, even though they are in the correct position for a perfect horse stance.

Naturally the mind tells you to look at the bodies association with materialistic items on the body. Such as someone with baggier clothing looks bigger.

Wouldn't the stance still look lower than what it is suppose to look?

Well I would be taking the head and shoulders as my primary refrence point so no I don't think the trousers would make that much difference.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius