• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorites moves

Hey guys(and ladies). I was just wondering what is your favorite move(s) or combo. Be prepared to explain why ^_^

I’ll start off. As a student under goju ryu karate, one would expect my favorite move to be the front kick because … well at least under my sensei we are required to do 100 squat/front kicks each session to train our legs. My favorite move is the simple straight punch. Most of the time it is to the face because that is where it will cause the most damage a person … usually (you can train your body but you can’t train your face). Its fast, its accurate, and its powerful. I once destroyed my opponent in a sparring match with only my straight punch. Good move ^-^

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite move is the simple straight punch. . . . Its fast, its accurate, and its powerful. I once destroyed my opponent in a sparring match with only my straight punch. Good move ^-^

Sorry, fallenyuyu, I realize you want to ask others, but your posting causes me to want to ask you about the straight punch and that sparring match you referred to.

Have you discovered that your opponents do not keep an adequately high guard, leaving their faces open for the shot? If you "destroyed" an opponent with only the straight punch, it sounds like he's always facing off against kickers but not punchers, and might not know how to protect his face, which you capitalized on.

Do you always or almost always use a vertical fist or a horizontal one? Is this straight punch from the jabbing hand, or from the cross one? Do you lead with your stronger arm/hand? Where do you hold your hands when you're sparring, so that it's from that position that you fire off the salvos?

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I love my double roundhouse. Low one than high one straight away trying to catch them if they have dropped their guard. In point sparring just a regular jab cross combo seems to work for me best.

Actually, another one I've only just started using is a roundhouse then sidekick.

I'm going to go with the roundhouse too, only because its one of the most versatile kicks.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Front leg Roundhouse with right leg and reverse punch with left hand while sparring. Nails them everytime by the ear, neck, or back of head.

During training I like to step in front kick, step in roundhouse and then finally back thrust. If you do this right it works in sort of a flurry carrying momentum and feels really good.

I like the spinning kick and a good hook kick. I haven't sparred in awhile because I have been running weapons classes on sparring night. I need to get back in their and work out some of this stress. :D

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

At the risk of overthinking this, I'd say the movement for which there is an opening.

Lots of times we get caught up in trying to land a particular attack that we favor (we all have these) and forget to flow with what the attacker gives us. The opportunities presented by the situation should dictate tactics and application, not our preference.

That being said, I'm a big fan of punching combos that set up uppercuts. I've probibly rattled more cages with this than anything else.

I say roundhouse kick, Its my strongest kick and I can get relitivly high when using it

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me