• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

dojo decision

Ranpu

But [the opening of your old sensei's dojo is] a ways off and lots can happen between now and then. The re-opening might not occur at all, then you've lost the time in between now and the date that the reopening is canceled to be on the mat.
what if your Old Sensei opened shop and then closed again 12 months down the line, you'd be stuck for somewhere to train as I am sure there would be a little 'barrier' between you and your new Sensei put up due to you leaving him like so.

The above quotes sum up my position. Hopefully, your old sensei won't hold it against you if you don't return to train with him. Of course, you can't control his actions and if he does hold it against you then you don't need to be training with him anyway.

Ed

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
as far as I know he never closed before, but the reason he closed was 2 things, his wife wanted to divorce him, and with the issue of him keeping his kids, and that made it so he couldn't get any insurance for the dojo

That's a rough deal. Hopefully, once he gets through that rough patch, he'll be steady again. Perhaps this is a one-time deal.