• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blackbelts

The black belt rank holds meaning both in trad circles and non-trad ones. It's a measure of something in both.

Absolutely!

I get a kick, along with shaking my head in disbelief, when someone says to me that the black belt rank means nothing to them, then this type of person will run to get his black belt and quickly puts it on, and/or this type of person makes sure that they always have their black belt on. They even wear their black belt when they're just working out alone or with a friend/partner. So much for saying what one means and meaning what one says.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When me and my few training partners get together to train our Hapkido, I wear one of my old brown belts, because that is my rank in Hapkido. No need to wear my black belt from TKD.

Please don't misunderstand me. It doesn't matter to me whether one wears his black belt in training or not; to each his/her own. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't; for the most part I don't wear my belt when I train informally. It just tickles me to the point of "Huh?" when one speaks down to the wearing of the belt as well as speaking down to the earning of a black belt and on the very same/next breath, they're putting theirs on faster than Superman can beat a speeding-bullet.

It's both comical and embarrassing at the same time.

Oh well! What's one to do?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!