• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"One Punch One Kill" Concept

I think that quote pretty well sums it up, too. Strike hard, but strike often. After they guy falls down, then you can take time to assess things.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only takes one, if your properly trained for it. Conditioning the fist , palms, etc, knowing where to hit the target, along with a strong stance will do it. This takes years. I don't feel as though people train this way anymore. A well placed kick will also do it. If the fist are strong enough they can easily break bones, palms slaps can rupture ear drums, and groin kicks send the receiver into lala land. This type of conditioning and training takes more hard work than one realizes. It it isn't wise to teach it. It's too dangerous. This falls into Dim Mak styles which were closely guarded and taught to few students.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing you might remember is that, in a confrontational situation, adrenaline is flowing on both sides. The attackers juices are flowing as he is going through a range of emotions. This can make him/her trigger happy and waiting for you to twitch an eyebrow to attack. On the other side, emotions such as fear and anxiety can trigger your adrenal glands to go in to over-drive. That in itself can cause a short-circuit and throw off your training. Then, try to hit a moving target (cause he ain't gonna stand still and let you beat on him) when your jugdement and targeting system are on the fritz.

For me, avoid if possible. If not, do only what is necessary to disable my opponent, stop the attack, and get to safety. And in the confrontation, with emotions running wild, chances of that one hit doing the job are pretty low.

Remember, the one trying to rob you is probably some punk wanting your wallet. He's not some trained martial artist your can spar with. This is a street fight. No holds barred, street fight. The rules for your dojo don't apply and all is fair.