Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Catch Wrestling!

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably Judo. Which, once this semester ends at grad school in early December and my weeknight evenings are freed back up again, I just may be getting to do that cross-training. I just learned about a Judo school near me, I'm planning to go check them out in the near future and see if I like the school. If I like them, I just may be signing up come December. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Probably Judo. Which, once this semester ends at grad school in early December and my weeknight evenings are freed back up again, I just may be getting to do that cross-training. I just learned about a Judo school near me, I'm planning to go check them out in the near future and see if I like the school. If I like them, I just may be signing up come December. :)

Well, I recently drove past the supposed location of judo school I had originally heard out about, and I didn't see anything. I think they may have gone out of business...so no judo lessons for now. I did however find a couple of nearby Aikido schools, which seems interesting, so I'm going to sign up in a couple of weeks once the holidays are over.

I've even talked a couple of friends who've never done martial arts before into joining me. I'm looking forward to it. :)

I'd be tempted to cross train in plain old Boxing. Simply for the cardio and benefits related to sparring and general fitness, as well as target-work and speed/power training.

Nice, cant go wrong with boxing. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard