• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite MA Mag...

Ok, I don't really pick up anything off the newsstands (or anywhere else) these days. So I was wondering, what is everyone's favorite martial arts realted magazine out there these days?

Anyone got a favorite and why?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The only martial arts related magazine I read is BlackBelt Magazine, which I subscribe to, but oddly enough don't really have time to read it as thoroughly as I'd like.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Classic Fighting Arts is a good magazine, although a bit more narrow in its coverage. What I like about it is that it is based on scholary research.

Black Belt Magazine is the one I read the most. It usually has a wide range of material, and I enjoy seeing other viewpoints of MAs.

I also read TKDTimes magazine. I like it, and it has expaned the content it takes on from mainly Korean MAs to other arts as well, including some MMA. Although I think its columnists tend to be a bit narrowminded, the content of the mag is ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still Black Belt since my first issue back in 1979, I was 8 or 9 and begged my mom to get it for me.

I wish some of the others where still out, cant really remember the names of em too much.

I will get this one I see in barnes and nobles occasionnally though. I'll have to dig around to remember what that one is called. Looks like a newspaper almost.

I read Blackbelt Mag and Kung Fu/tai Chi Mag...their ok but like most people I dont have alot of time to read them anymore, with running a school and helping my other two instructors I dont have time...Plus im going to college in the spring....I miss reading them though.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku