• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Black Belts Discipline

I agree beast, however, in one of those rare situations when you get kicked in the head or an "off limits" area of the body, and, intentionally, either the referee doesn't call it or your opponent is a wise guy, then its hard for me to hold my anger or tongue.

I may be a martial artist, but I am human being too & I don't like being taken advantage of.

I play fair so I expect it in return from my fellow m.a.'s. :)

I agree. Turnabout is fair play, and enough is enough.

That said, I don't think that it is fair to judge all Karatekas by the actions of these two players at one tournament. It is akin to judging the personalities and actions of all MMA fighters because of the actions of a few that tend to veer into the limelight constantly.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that it is fair to judge all Karatekas by the actions of these two players at one tournament. It is akin to judging the personalities and actions of all MMA fighters because of the actions of a few that tend to veer into the limelight constantly.

It's been referred to as "guilt by association." And it can be tremendously unfair.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I agree beast, however, in one of those rare situations when you get kicked in the head or an "off limits" area of the body, and, intentionally, either the referee doesn't call it or your opponent is a wise guy, then its hard for me to hold my anger or tongue.

I may be a martial artist, but I am human being too & I don't like being taken advantage of.

I play fair so I expect it in return from my fellow m.a.'s. :)

I agree. Turnabout is fair play, and enough is enough.

That said, I don't think that it is fair to judge all Karatekas by the actions of these two players at one tournament. It is akin to judging the personalities and actions of all MMA fighters because of the actions of a few that tend to veer into the limelight constantly.

I'm not lumping them all in one category; that's why I said "in one of those rare situations..." and the few times I have seen it, really ticked me off. Most of the times, things have been fair.

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen upon occasion - at least - I've seen it a few times.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert