How to display your belt...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like the kaku better than the odrinary karate obi...its softer haha and mine wraps three times around...is that normal?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

lol, 3 times is quite impressive. Damn, I spend half my waking time in the gym/dojo, and I don't have a waste-line like that.

I like the kaku better for sliding the wakizashi through when we arm ourselves full daisho. Double looped katana sling with Wakizashi slung through the Kaku blade up.

Also holds the tanto in place more snugly when we go katana - tanto.

haha...it was a hand me down...from my instructor

and I do agree with you on the sliding in and out easier part...it does make it easier...

I prefer to be full daisho then just having the Katana...

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

Yea, most of the stuff we've been doing lately in preparation for a demo has been Katana plus wakizashi. I like doing a JJ or Judo throw then finishing with the tanto a lot more.

but we have two students that are amazing swordsman, that both participate in fencing outside the dojo as well, and the stuff they do like a low technique with katana followed by an upward slash with the wakizashi looks quite impressive.

My Ono Ha sensei also teaches Batto.

In the version he does (Enshin I believe) we us a Kodachi placed in the Kaku Obi.

I have only done a couple of Batto sessions, but if I remember correctly the Kodatch positioned where it is makes you reach underneath it and this imparts correct form in your right hand.

Again the Kaku Obi is key here.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

• 1 month later...